- Learn universal principals to accelerate your revenue growth
- Find out how to use online surveys to boost your business
- Discover various survey templates and choose the best fit
- Get to know Survio’s features that save tons of your time
Generating revenue and maintaining profitability is a constant effort of any business, regardless of industry or subject field. Read more about approaches involving survey implementation in the process of achieving the best business results possible.
Universal principles that accelerate revenue growth and business profit
A reasonable raise in prices to maintain first-rate quality, effective customer-service, wider guarantees, and other benefits contributing to customer comfort and satisfaction are means of increasing revenue and profitability. Make sure to communicate such intentions properly, explain your reasons and educate so that there is no room for doubt among customers.
Upselling / Cross-selling
Utilize knowledge of your customers’ needs and encourage them to buy higher-end products (upselling) or add a complementary product to their purchase (cross-selling). Showcase entire portfolio range to increase probability of business transaction. Strengthen customers’ confidence in viewing your expertise and experience as the motives to seek your advice and buy your goods. Deliver comprehensive solutions that involve direct use of your products.
Combine products, complementary assortment and related services to increase potentially higher spends of your customers. Create “packages” and apply a price tiering strategy, based on the principle “the more you buy, the more you save”. The added value that is also being sold is a one-stop purchase, ie. getting everything at your store and saving customers’ time.
Set up loyalty programs and grant selected customers extra perks to appreciate their affiliation with your brand or products. There are lots of types you can choose from - collecting volume or frequency points, tier and subscription programs, VIP events, partnerships, etc. Prevent churn and reduce a chance of the competition getting your revenue portion.
Online / Offline communication
Use a variety of promotion channels to stay on top of your customers’ minds - e-mails, newsletters, social media, PPC campaigns, in-store displays and website ads, etc. Share the news, inform about upcoming updates or releases, distribute invitations to special events, encourage purchase behavior. Be visible and desirable.
In order to choose the right business accelerators, it is advisable to do regular research and focus on market trends, new opportunities, competition, shopping behavior, price sensitivity and other aspects to get relevant data for proper decision making.
Many perspectives to consider, one goal to pursue
Before you plunge into surveying, make sure to determine the purpose. Give a thought to what information you need to know to aim your efforts in the right direction and obtain required effect. Let’s take a look at different personas and outline business objectives they usually strive for.
- Corporate management / company executives: The main responsibility of the leadership members is to ensure financial stability of the company/organization, build its prestige and good reputation, carry out strategic planning and delegate its outcomes to team leaders and department heads to put it in action. At the same time, it is crucial to evolve corporate values, support professional growth and work toward healthy corporate culture and overall employee satisfaction.
- Sales & Marketing managers: Marketers’ job is to get all essential information regarding brand, product, or services to the audience, develop targeting strategies and select appropriate positioning for the goods to stay in the spotlight. They measure website functionality and content relevance, plan promotion campaigns, raise brand awareness and achieve the best customer conversion rate. Sales managers inspect new markets, generate leads, negotiate price conditions, close deals and maintain customer retention. Information they utilize to address entities that have potential to turn into customers include product evaluation, price sensitivity, customer satisfaction/loyalty, or monitoring competition. Knowledge of a prospect is the key to success.
- HR officers / recruiters: HR’s contribution to higher revenue and profitability of a company lies in maximizing employee satisfaction, engagement and productivity. Opportunities to gain expertise, grow professionally and become senior add to employment stability and low staff turnover. Regular employee feedback helps identify weaknesses and respond to them before they turn into serious issues.
Online surveys are a great tool to get insight into employee, customer, market, business or any other subject related topic. The following lines offer a behind-the-scenes sneak peek at what it takes to create a survey and how to benefit from the responses it delivers.
Employ online surveys to gather data for proper decision-making
Any kind of feedback that you receive from people whose opinions matter to you is invaluable. It’s always better to plan a couple steps ahead and adjust course on the go if need be than to lose time and money realizing that decisions you’ve made had no solid foundation. Creating surveys is not rocket science but to serve the desired effect they must be developed and executed correctly. To start smoothly, you don’t need to think from scratch. Browse through a survey catalogue which contains 100+ ready-made and fully customizable templates, organized in subject categories. Pick any that best fits your intention and fine-tune it by adding new questions, editing current ones, changing their order or removing those of no use to you. We’ve also prepared a detailed guide on creating your first surveys in Survio. Read more in How to conduct an online survey on our website.
If you are a marketer, don’t hesitate to check the following templates:
- brand awareness - find out how quickly and easily the public identifies your company and products you market,
- consumer shopping trends - learn about customers’ preferences and shape your business tactics accordingly,
- add perception effectiveness - measure effect of your ad campaigns and invest in the channels that show the most powerful impact,
- website or e-shop evaluation - discover how user-friendly your website is, how satisfied visitors get with your e-shop navigation and focus on any signs of discontent.
As a sales manager, you will be interested in obtaining data related to:
- customer satisfaction - monitor how customers view quality of products or services you deliver and how loyal they are to your brand,
- product evaluation or service feedback - get inspired by customers’ feedback to constantly evolve your products or expand range of supplementary services,
- buying experience - increase customer comfort and improve their experience to provide a compelling reason to come back and buy again,
- price sensitivity - consider price adjustments in relation to the factors that motivate customers to pay a given amount to buy your products.
In the position of an HR specialist, your focus will include such topics as:
- employee satisfaction - create stress-free work environment that enhances productivity and employee commitment,
- employee motivation - build a transparent system of company policies, remuneration and benefits to support self-advancement and healthy competition among employees,
- career finder - preselect a pool of eligible candidates to be invited for a personal interview,
- employee performance - fill positions where employees can fully unfold their potential, develop skills and have their share in the company growth,
- employee exit survey - dig in the core of why some of your employees leave, encourage them to name the real issues and come up with an immediate remedy to prevent further departures.
Once the survey is ready, all questions properly phrased and in place, it is time to send it off and collect responses. There’s no need to look for any other software. Built-in features for survey distribution and result analysis in Survio will convince you about its versatility and user convenience.
A survey platform that goes beyond response collection
Survio enables multiple ways of sharing surveys. You can combine those that optimize your target range and properly address your audience. If you work with a database of contacts, create an e-mail campaign with an engaging message that contains a direct link to your survey. To increase response rate, it is possible to add customized posts on various social media directly from Survio.
There’s also an option to embed surveys in your website. Feel free to choose from:
- an iframe - survey becomes an integral part of the website content,
- pop-up window - displays survey in a separate window that “pops up” above a defined web page,
- pop-over widget - unfolds an interactive bubble from a tab attached to the side of a screen.
All smartphone users will appreciate a QR code that opens your survey once it’s scanned with the phone’s camera. Why not generate the code straight in Survio? In the event of insufficient technology or no internet connection, there’s still the old-fashioned way of printing out your questionnaire from Survio.
And now the best part - don’t worry about manual evaluation of the responses. Let Survio do the job and automatically analyze data in real time. Have the results processed in a variety of charts and tables, exported in the most common formats (PDF, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX, CSV or Google Sheets) or aggregated in dashboards that you set up according to your preference.
Summary - stay on top of your customer’s mind
Surveys are not a guarantee of thriving business or miraculous profitability. But they do play a significant role in achieving revenue milestones when used correctly, periodically and in the long-term run. Asking a question may seem like a trivial task but when the question is to deliver information with a value for your decision making, it needs to be thought out soundly.
Marketers, recruiters, sales people, executives, entrepreneurs - go for Survio, a well-established survey platform that’s trusted by over 3 million users worldwide. Seek feedback from your customers, employees, commercial partners, investors, founders and other entities that affect your business. Help them become successful, accelerate faster and grow bigger. As a matter of fact, their growth is your growth. It’s as simple as that.